First Farm to Fork Dinner a Huge Success!
Charles River Center, Needham
The Inaugural Farm to Fork Dinner held at the Needham Community Farm on August 4th was a huge success!
Sixty guests enjoyed a 5-course tasting menu prepared by Rachel Klein and Stacy Cogswell of Needham's soon-to-open RFK Kitchen. The menu included beet salad with beet tea egg, carrot risotto, arctic char with local farm veggies, bbq pork tenderloin with chili green beans, and lemonade cake. All of the dishes featured fresh produce grown by participants in the Charles River Center's Horticulture Program, and the evening benefited the Horticulture Program and the Needham Community Farm, where the program has raised beds.
It was a true community event, and we wish to thank the following for donating time, space, supplies or fresh ingredients.
- Rachel Klein, Stacy Cogswell, Quang Tran, Crystal Hovland & Chelsea Mccauley of RFK Kitchen
- Mass Audubon Drumlin Farm
- Atent for Rent
- Atlantic Importing Company
- Jack's Abby Craft Lagers
- Captain Marden's Seafoods
- Cara Donna Provision Co.
- St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Wellesley
- Peters' Farm, Salem, NH
- Volante Farms
- The Needham DWP
- Leo Cara Donna
- Tim Dunn
- Deb Moore
- and the many volunteers who made the night possible.