Join our community:

News  

Charles River Center Will Administer Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) in Several Local High Schools

09/03/19
Charles River Center Needham

Charles River Center’s Employment and Day Services has recently embarked on a new initiative that will help expand CRC’s employment footprint in the Metrowest Region and beyond!  Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) is a program funded by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission that will allow CRC to help students ages 14 to 22 become better prepared for their future goals of employment or post-secondary education.  CRC will be working with 8 local high schools, and up to 200 students over the course of our first year.  Starting in September, we will be offering workshops within the communities of Newton, Westwood, Wellesley, Dover, Medfield, Needham and Weston, focusing on providing opportunities for students to learn more about what work is and how to become a better prepared member of the workforce.  Activities will also include guest speakers, job shadowing and volunteering opportunities, etc.  

The goal is to provide meaningful and informative educational activities to help students prepare for adult life.  This summer, we ran a successful pilot program at Weston High School with 5 students, and we are excited to begin running this program with the rest of our partner schools.  In addition to meeting and working with these students, Pre-ETS will allow us to develop new resources that will help expand the vocational learning opportunities for those Individuals we currently serve.  This is a very exciting time for CRC Employment and Day Services!

Back
MA Rehabilitation Commission